SPIN Transition House
We are enjoying our three new additions very much. Our house feels full and happy again since bring them home.
SPIN TRANSITION HOUSE
Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org or 781-235-1218
Need for direct care at SPIN’s Transition Home. Sign up for one shift a week either morning, afternoon or evening by emailing email@example.com or 781-235-1218
We need help Picking up Laundry, empty boxes for litter trays, donated supplies and cat food.
Construction, repairs, yard work, snow plowing and other needs for our new SPIN home.
List of tasks available for willing volunteers:
- Caps on chimneys
- Add railing along retaining wall at driveway
- Add railing to deck steps
- Point chimney
THE FOLLOWING WORK HAS BEEN COMPLETED
THANK YOU! LOOKING GOOD!
The brick walk was installed by Samuel Cunha who owns Cunha Construction: stone walls, patios and walkways.
Cell: (508)505-0996 E-Mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Free estimates/fully insured
“I saw the patio that he installed for my neighbor-excellent work.”
T. J. Gillespie Landscaping & Masonry Inc.
6 Shore Road
Wellesley, MA 02482
It took less than a week for TJ to complete the retaining wall. Many of SPIN’s neighbors stopped to admire and seek information about how the wall was made. Anna Oskarsdottir, SPIN’s resident feral trapper, remarked how it was made just like “old world” masons and was a beautiful job.”
TJ was recommended by Doug and Linda Woodacre of Wellesley.
Work Completed by Starbucks Crew. THANK YOU!
- Caulk/fill space along basement door
- Repair holes in siding
- Seal air-conditioner feed lines with flexible sealer
- Caulk back splash to counter top
- Add caulked sealer to floor pan and tile wall unions
- Change washer water hoses
- Cleaned up the yard of leaves, sticks other debris
- Remove old fencing
- Cut up the large tree that had fallen in the back yard this winter and moved all the pieces to the front yard for pick up
- Plant bushes and plants to beautify the yard
- Level dirt piles to contours of the yard
- Shovel some stone and placed it along path to the feral cat pen
- Wash down the cellar stairway walls and then paint them
- Caulk the kitchen counter
- Replace the rubber hoses with metal hoses on the washer
- Cover the dirt area in the back yard with wood chips so when the dogs play it isn’t a dust bowl
- Mulch, fertilize and plant 15 creeping junipers on the back slope
- Put a small barrier around the back area to keep the dogs off
- Dig a trench and fill with stone in front of the feral pet to keep out the mud
- Clean up the front yard and driveway
- Take the vari kennels apart and stack them in the shed so they are ready for a disaster response
- Maintenance of the snow blower and generator
- Plant ground cover on the slope behind the shed
- Replace screens in several windows Work
Work Completed by Dovercraft of Wellesley. THANK YOU!
- More collar ties for attic roof
- Attic pull down steps secure
- Someone to clean and flush gutters to be sure all clear all the way to street.
Work Completed by the Eagle Scouts. THANK YOU!
- Fill this with stone so we can park cars at an angle there.
- Garage window -need outside dug out to make a window well- again to cause separation of ground from wood to prevent more ant problem. Also fill with stone to reduce splash back.
- Sand and seal decking
- Dig out grass beside driveway and redirect water from driveway into that area away from house
Work Completed by Newton Roofing Company. THANK YOU
- Roofer to check flashing etc. Someone to clean and flush gutters to be sure all clear all the way to street.
Work Completed by John Floyd. THANK YOU!
- Toilet seal and re-secure to floor
Work Completed by Bob Grogin. THANK YOU!
- Redirect the 2 gutter drains away from the driveway
- Plumbing to change sink in Bathroom Completed Add plumbing and sink in one room. Completed